Baseball (and by that, I mean softball) is my religion, so I think the best place to spend any holiday is at the ball park.
My family and I went to the Giants game today and we had awesome seats in left field right by the foul pole. We were close to the left fielder and right next to the bull pen.
The Giants ended up losing to the Braves 9-6 in 10 innings. It was a great game and we were on our feet cheering in the stands on numerous occasions. Buster Posey (my fav) hit a two run home run. In the 7th inning the Giants had the bases loaded with 1 out and we were going crazy as they rallied for 3 runs. Too bad they couldn't get one more across in the 9th because the game was totally ours!
The Giants are 0-3 when I go to the games in person, so I am thinking for the sake of the team I should just watch them on TV for the rest of the season...
Cody Ross in left field. RR said this was the first time she had been to a game and the players looked like people from her seat.
Brian Wilson warming up in the bull pen. His beard has gotten out of control, but he is such a character now I doubt he will ever be able to trim it. When he came out to the pen it seemed like the people in our area stopped watching the game and turned all their attention to him.
Fun day at the packed stadium and a good end to my weekend at home. Back to SoCal tomorrow.
Those were some GREAT seats!
ReplyDelete