Friday, April 22, 2011

In HMB


Home for the holiday weekend. My plans are to hang out with the family, get a few pitching workouts in, go to the Giants game on Sunday, and probably eat a ton of chocolate.

Yesterday RR had a major breakthrough in her childhood. She learned to ride her bike without training wheels. RR is enjoying playing outside now, something that I tried to encourage while I was living at home, but of course she embraces the great outdoors when I am 5 hours away. RR was eager to show me her new biking skills. I am very proud of her conquering her fear of riding a two-wheeler. Looking forward to going out for a run sometime while RR rides her bike along side (since my bike lives in Northridge).

On Monday I have my debut playing in the men's fastpitch league down in SoCal. The league is all men, except for a few women who are ex-college pitchers who are imported to handle the pitching. I really have no idea what to expect, but I am taking advantage of being home this weekend to pitch to my dad as my attempt to get in shape and avoid injury on Monday. Ha.

I have mentioned this many times before, but I love pitching to my dad. When I am on the mound and he is sitting on the bucket with a boogie board in front of him, I feel like all is right in the world. I try to milk that feeling at every chance I get, even though the opportunities (and the need to practice) are becoming more and more rare. A full update about pitching in the men's league to come on Monday...

This evening we had family game night while we watched the Giants play. I miss watching the Giants on TV. The fam and I played a few of our favorite games, and I got schooled in Hearts, a new game we are adding to the mix.

Nice to be home and blogging from the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment