Nina is taking a dance class this semester at CSUN and as an assignment she had to go to the end of the year dance performance. I enjoy that type of thing so I volunteered to go with her. I had never seen the CSUN dance department in action and I was curious to see what they could do.
The show called Kinesis was about an hour and a half long with 12 dances. All the dances were choreographed and performed by students. They showcased all kinds of dances, modern, tribal, ballet, hip hop, tap and even some green aliens doing robotic moves. All were highly entertaining. To my surprise, my favorite dance was the tap dance called "The Meeting". Usually tap is kind of cheesey, but the three dancers ran into each other while walking down the street and then kind of had a dance off. The dancers had a lot of personality and they had the audience laughing while they challenged each other with different crazy tap steps.
Glad I went! Makes me want to dance too.
No comments:
Post a Comment