Today I was teaching my pitcher Jen how to throw a rise ball. She has good spin and she was able to make the ball break up on the first try. Unfortunately the second attempt stayed flat, and tipped off my glove right into my chin. This brought new meaning to the word chin music for me, from a totally different point of view. I couldn't even be mad or annoyed because I had told Jen to throw it right at the chin, and she did just that! Next time I will be more specific and tell her the BATTER'S chin.
<-Not a very flattering picture, but you can see where the two seems cut me. Didn't hurt too badly, it was more of a surprise, and a "how did that happen?!" feeling. My jaw is starting to feel really stiff though. Looks like Jamba Juice for meals tomorrow.
I think Ms Cosgrove hit me by accident and it was such a surprise. I kinda blinked, shocked I'd missed an easy catch. Smack! It's a relief to find your teeth are not in pieces.
ReplyDeleteouch!
ReplyDelete