Sunday, May 29, 2011

Purple Disappointment

My purple Kitchen Aid mixer broke! I feel like a piece of my baking identity is missing now. I was making whipped cream for strawberry shortcake and the metal ring popped off above the rotating arm. Not only was the whipped cream ruined with shards of metal, when I took the mixer apart I found that a screw had worked its way out of its hole and got stuck in the rotating part. It is an unfixable problem too because the screw is stripped and I can't figure out how to get it out or screw it back in because it is wedged just right so I can't fit a tool inside.

Major bummer! I have had the mixer since I moved in to my first apartment in Towson and I planned on keeping it forever.

Martha Stewart wins again.

Martha:2 Claire:0

1 comment:

  1. Take it to an appliance place for repair. You generally drill screws out. It's worth trying to fix it.

    ReplyDelete