| Diving off the blocks |
I brought my ipod to class and the girls did the Cha Cha Slide in the water. The Cha Cha Slide brings joy everywhere. For the last swimming activity, the girls wanted to see how long they could hold their breath under water. The PE record was set last week by a girl named Valentine, who held her breath for 1 min 30 seconds. At a 1 min 15, I started to get worried and thought about jumping in to save her, but she came up smiling and wanted to know the time... all in good fun.
Today, Valentine shattered her record! She held her breath for exactly 2 min. Crazy, huh? I didn't think that was possible. What's the world record?!
![]() |
| Our vert jump area, so you can get the idea of how high the beams are. |
Both of us set new personal bests today in the weight room vert jumps and we were feeling pleased with ourselves until the cross country coach came in. We invited her to play with us, but she said she was tired from her morning workout (Florence is training for the Olympics in 2012, she is on the Nigerian track team). After a little bit of prodding she accepted a pink post it. Her first jump she totally schooled both Sabrina and I by a good 3 inches and then Florence started feeling competitive and asked for a second postit. On her second jump she beat us by a solid 6 inches. That is the last time we invite her to play with us if she keeps beating us at our own game! I am going to start training for vert jump at the gym because I hate coming in last place.
![]() |
| Vert Jump Postits. Mine is the lame green one with the C. Florence's are the top two pink ones. |
Anyway... good Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment