My new friend Sofia invited me to her house today in Long Beach for a neighborhood BBQ. Sofia teaches French at Immaculate Heart and is from Brittany in France. She grew up in Rennes, which is funny because that is one of the places my family visited 3 years ago in France. I recognized Sofia's house because it had the Brittany flag in front. I just took a walk down memory lane and looked at all my France pictures in hopes of finding my own picture with the Brittany flag, but I couldn't find one. This castle with a flag will have to do! The pictures made me miss Europe.
The BBQ was fun and we had awesome chipotle hamburgers. Sofia also made red velvet cupcakes, without knowing they are my favorite. We were meant to be friends! It is so nice to have a friend at work who is also new because we get to laugh together at how ridiculously hard we are trying to fit in and learn about being teachers at IH.
One more day off tomorrow. Woohoo! I never fully understood the value of a weekend (all my days used to be the same), but now that I am busy every day, weekends are precious. My plan is to catch up with old friends tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment