Saturday, March 24, 2012

Home Improvement

Hardware in Pasadena
This morning I was feeling ambitious so I went to the hardware store down the street at 8am. I was impressed with how friendly and helpful the workers were and I liked it much better than Home Depot. I needed to buy some extra wall paper adhesive and picture hanging supplies, but I ended up walking out of the store with a drill so I could also hang a mirror in my bedroom. Thanks True Value!



I hung my Giants ball park picture in my kitchen, which I am very proud of. I also hung up the softball poster of me from Northridge. My kitchen table is becoming a sports nook.





In my living room opposite my Paris mural, I printed out pictures of all my favorite European sights. It was hard to choose! But I got a nice frame from target and hung it on the wall. I also added some family photo from over the years. I was on a roll. My purple tools from Grandma Audrey came in handy.

Very happy with my mirror
The project I am most proud of today was hanging up the mirror. I remembered that my dad used to say measure twice, drill once, so I made sure I lined everything up so the mirror would hang straight. My drill is really fun to use! I wish I had bought the cordless one though. I didn't realize how much I would like using it. I might think of some other projects now just because...




Anyway, I am very pleased with my apartment. It feels homey and it is starting to look homey too.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! You'll be laying down tile like your cousin Laura in no time!

    ReplyDelete