Sunday, March 4, 2012

Toby's Birthday

My cousin Toby's birthday brings our family together for an annual event. Today his 3rd birthday party was held at Balboa Park right down the street from where we live. It was a beautiful day for a party and playing in the park.

Toby loves all kinds of sports. Today the hit were his golf clubs and frisbees. I am so impressed by the way he can hit the golf ball straight! When I was trying my hand at golf I had a horrible time keeping the ball from slicing, thanks to my softball swing.

In other news, my sister had shown her first non-forced interest in softball!! After my IH games yesterday she asked me which position I think she should play. This question made my life. Now that she is 8 years old she is eligible to play softball in Half Moon Bay. I suggested 2nd base for now, but how about pitcher!?! I'll save that until the is 9 or 10. RR is already a good hitter and has good hand eye coordination. We played some front toss in the park and I think RR hit about 28 homeruns. If softball were really that easy...



It was nice to hang out with my family and catch up a little bit. The weekend seems to have flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment