I dusted off my golf clubs to go golfing with some of my friends from school. It had been two years since I used them last. It was a bad sign when a spider jumped out at me when I got them out of my closet...
 |
| Taking my swing seriously. It takes a lot of focus. |
Jenny (admissions), Brett (assistant coach), and Manny (math), and I met a Scholl Canyon Golf Course after summer school this afternoon. For $14 we played 18 holes of golf and rented carts. Such a deal! I had seriously low expectations for myself considering I hadn't swung a club in forever, and even then I wasn't good at it.
 |
| My friend the palm tree |
I was excited because my first ball of the day I hit solid off the tee, it even went straight in the air (I tend to have a horrible slice because of my softball swing). Except I didn't aim toward the flag (oops) and the ball went directly into the palm tree on the left. It got stuck in the tall fronds and I lost my first ball. Possibly a new Scholl Canyon Record. Everyone including myself was in hysterics laughing. I could tell that this was going to be an interesting afternoon.
 |
| View from the course |
Scholl Canyon is in Glendale, down the road from Pasadena and is built on a landfill. It is high above the San Gabriel Valley and there is an awesome view of the LA skyline. However, today it was reallllly smoggy, or hazey as people from SoCal say. The course is very pretty and it added a nice element to the game.
Golfing today was so much fun, and I actually didn't do as badly and I expected. Manny and Brett are really good golfers, Jenny is a beginner like me, but we didn't keep score. I shot for par on 3 holes and I was very proud of my effort. I think I am hooked! I could totally spend afternoons that I have away from the softball field at a golf course. I am feeling very motivated to go to the driving range and practice.
 |
| Jenny on the 16th Hole. I shot this one for par. |
But for right now, my body is hating me and I am feeling old. My back is super tired and I am icing my knee. Totally worth it though and I can't wait to go golfing again.
Soon you'll be visiting Doug in Oregon and going golfing with the whole family up there.
ReplyDelete