Monday, July 30, 2012

Hi From Munich

I see Germany
I made it!!! I am sitting on the couch in Munich with Vanessa and Tanja. Olivia is sleeping. We had a fun reunion today at the airport.

My flight was smooth, all 11 hours. I sat next to a nice grandma who didn't speak English. I started reviewing the few German words in my head as we got closer to Germany. I remembered all the days of the week except Tuesday. Who needs Tuesday?

We took the train from the Airport to V's apartment in the north east part of the city called Englschalking. I forgot that people tend to stare at me and laugh at my loud laugh in public places.

My first Kebab in 2 years
We ate Kebab for dinner at a little shop down the street. I attempted to order in German and got stage fright. I was happy V and T were there for the assist!

We are currently watching the German men's field hockey (no plaid skirts) play against Belgium. Not a sport that would ever be on TV at home in the US. Fencing is another sport they are obsessed with here. It is all over the news. Hello, I am ready to watch the US men's gymnastics team get 5th place in the all round. Sucks.

So nice to be with all my friends again! It doesn't happen often enough. Our motto for the week is NO Sleep and NO PLANS! Come and go as you please. Guests are welcome. You can pitch a tent in the yard.

V and O on the train
I am currently in my own time zone and we are trying to cram as much into our conversations as possible. Giggling has yet to stop although we are headed to bed soon. Tomorrow the plan is to explore the city and parks and see the muenchner surfers. My goal is to eat chocolate and pretzel bread for at least one meal every day. I am up to the challenge.






No comments:

Post a Comment