Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stream, Trees, and Light Posts

I played golf with math teacher Manny at the Arroyo Golf Course today. It is a par 3 course which is really good for beginners. Easy course, but we still had our fair share of problems.
Palm Trees I Split

Instead of shooting straight for the green off this tee, I managed to drive the ball through the split in the palm trees. I probably couldn't do that ever again if I tried. I also hit this lamp post square and it bounced into the next fairway. Boo. I did a good job keeping my composure though and reminding myself that I am just learning and I'll get better eventually.
See the Pole I Hit?











Manny in the Stream













The highlight of the day was Manny's chip from the stream. He over shot the green on the 3rd hole and then took off his socks and shoes to chip the ball back into play. For the rest of the game he played without shoes.
Note: Manny is actually a really good golfer and shot for par on the back 9.



I learned today that 18 holes is really long, even on a par 3 course. By the 14th hole, fatigue had set in and I was missing worse than I usually do. Good to know. There is so much to factor into the golf game! Heat, how far the fairways are, obstacles, and not to mention trying to hit the ball straight. I am determined to be good at this sport! Back to the driving range.

No comments:

Post a Comment