Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Softball Circuit Day

We had an awesome training session today. I wanted to challenge the girls a little bit with a softball conditioning circuit and they really rose to the occasion. I set up three stations and the girls had to run them continuously for three minutes each, and then rotate to the next station. All of the drills were challenging with suicide sprints (Coach Williams called them "funicides"), ladder drills, and a serious of sprinting, shuffling, and back pedaling on the field with me. What fun we had!

One of the things my players committed to as a team was giving 1000% effort while training. I would have been happy with 100%, but when we were making our goals they thought it was important to give 1000. Today was a day at training where they were constantly reminded of their committment. As a result, I saw players step up and be leaders who usually stand in the shadows. They supported each other and after the conditioning was over the tone of the training session was intense and focused.

It is days like these that I leave the field feeling energized instead of tired after a long day. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Go HWSB!



No comments:

Post a Comment