Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Middle School Hitting Clinic

Melanie and I did a hitting clinic for our middle school softball team and we invited the new 7th graders to join. We went over the basic drills that we do at the varsity level in hopes that if they start practicing now they will be ready when they can join the varsity team in 9th grade. We set up a few different stations for the girls and added some fun things too like hitting on the balance beam. Melanie is really good at being creative with hitting drills!

It was fun to meet the new players and welcome them to our program. The 7th graders seemed so little but I have to remember that their season is 8 months away and a lot of them will grow. I loved their enthusiasm and it makes me realize how much I enjoy working with that age group. Most of the girls are also coming to softball camp in two weeks so we have a lot to look forward to. I have lots of softball fun up my sleeve.

Go HWSB!

No comments:

Post a Comment