Syd and I went down to San Pedro today to check out the Port of LA and the lighthouse. We had never been down there before so it was fun to explore the waterfront. It reminded me of the Embarcadaro in SF a little bit and didn't feel like we were in LA at all.
On the dock there is a big fish market with all kinds of seafood. The most popular kind was the shrimp fajitas. Since everyone was ordering it, we figured it was good, so we got a small order. The small order was an entire tray piled high with shrimp, potoatos, peppers, onions, with a buttery pepper sauce. It came with half a loaf of garlic bread for dipping and scooping. It tasted really good, but wow, too much food! When we were stuffed it looked like we barely made a dent.
We walked around a little bit after lunch and found the old historic light house at Point Fermin. It didn't look like a traditional light house, but you can see the old light on top.
San Pedro was surprisingly nice today and I would be happy to go back. There is a really nice bike trail that I want to check out at some point this summer. I am looking forward to exploring the area more.
No comments:
Post a Comment