Sunday, November 9, 2014

Lights

My project today was to hang lights in the batting cage. Syd and I went to Home Depot and we bought 8 lights and about 300 ft of extension cords. Our idea was to run the cords along the poles and zip tie everything into place. I was worried about the project because it seemed like we might have been taking on too big of a job. Between falling off a ladder or getting electrocuted, it could have been very eventful. 


No Lights
First we strung the cords and figured out how to attach everything to one central outlet. The lights were a little harder to tie up because positioning was a challenge. 












Lights!
After about four hours and a second trip to the hardware store, the lights were up. They look great! We drove back this evening to make sure they lit up properly and everything works, but they aren't quite bright enough to see a softball coming at you. I think I am going to research a little brighter lights, but they will work at dusk for now. I am a little disappointed but in general happy with our design. A step in the right direction. 




1 comment: