What a season! The girls played their hearts out in the CCS Championship game and we defeated Notre Dame Salinas 9-2.
In the morning, I surprised the girls with an Energy Bus to ride to the game. The girls were screaming when the bus pulled up with an Energy Bus sign. The team was so pumped on the way to PAL Stadium. They sang and chanted the entire ride. When we got off the bus, everyone turned and looked at our team dressed in black and orange walking like champions in 2 straight lines. It was a great entrance.
The girls were determined to prove themselves as the best team in our division. In my pregame speech, I told the girls that they had worked hard all season for this moment and today was their day. They all knew exactly what I meant.
Notre Dame took an early lead, but then we banged out 14 hits. It was clear who wanted the title more. Every single player contributed. It was the best game my team had played all season.
All season our motivation had been to have a parade in Downtown HMB in our honor. When the football team won CCS in the fall, they received a parade and recognition in front of the community. After our game, the Mayor of HMB walked on the field and made our dream come true. We are going to be the Grande Marshals of the HMB 4th of July Parade. We can't wait!
Two awesome feelings on championship game day. Seeing the girl's tears of joy, and bursting with pride when they received the trophy, was amazing. I am so happy for them. The second was being able to look up into the stands and seeing my family cheering with the rest of Half Moon Bay.
Thank you so much to everyone who supported this dream. I did not accomplish at CCS Title as a player, but doing it as a coach was even more special. There is nothing better than being apart of a team and 2016 belongs to the Cougars. I will never forget our CCS Championship!
I have been waiting patiently for this post. Sincere congratulations, you should be so proud. I know you are a WONDERFUL couch.
ReplyDeleteAnd a Parade!
Oooops coach, not couch😍
ReplyDelete