Nothing better than celebrating ending softball season on a win than hanging out with your best friend at Harry Potter World! I flew down to LA this morning and we went straight to Hogwarts.
We did all of the cool stuff at Harry Potter World, starting with touring Hogwarts and going on the 3D ride. The Castle is amazing and looks just like the movie. I remember seeing it being built as I passed Universal Studios on my commute everyday. Inside you can see Dumbledore's office, the Great Hall, and other places the wizards hang out in the movie. The best part was all of the pictures moved and talked as you walked by.
After the ride, we went to Olivander's Wand Shop. Just like in the books, the wand chooses a wizard, and the Vine wand chose me. I am now the proud owner of a magic wand.
For lunch, we ate at the 3 Broomsticks, which is a British Pub, and then I got chocolate frogs from Honeydukes for dessert (just like Harry eats on the train!). We also tried the Butterbeer that Harry drinks in Hogsmead in the books. It tastes like a buttery cream soda. It was too much for me but I am glad we tried it!
If you are a Harry Potter Fan, I recommend the experience. The rest of Universal is kind of ehh (I do like the Jurassic Park ride), but a fun day. Thanks to Sabrina for coming with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment