Friday, December 30, 2016

Bucket List Item

I am so excited that I got to cross off seeing the Paris Opera Ballet perform on my bucket list. Swan Lake was at the Bastille Opera House tonight and we had great seats in the first balcony. I had never need Swan Lake live before and it was awesome to see it in Paris.

The male lead and the white swan were incredible dancers, but my favorite part of the ballet is the famous variation called the four petite swans. The four dancers jump and leap holding hands with their arms crossed the entire time. Everything is in sync, including their head rolls. I love this variation for a few reasons. I learned it when I was 13 while while taking ballet. It was one of the first dances I learned on pointe. It is really fun and challenging because in the middle of the dance there are 16 pas de chats (step of the cat, a lumping step) across the stage in a row. It was so cool to see in person by professionals!

Photos weren't allowed during the ballet, of course, but there were FOUR encores so I was able to get my phone out to take one. Merry Christmas to myself and thanks to Syd for coming along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment