Friday, December 23, 2016

We Are Here!

Our flight was smooth to Munich. We slept a little, read, and played on our iPads. Vanessa, Rudi and the kids met us at the airport for a "warm" Munich greeting, 2 degrees Celsius! We put on our jackets and went outside to our first German Christmas Market.
 Syd was stoked to have his first German beer of the trip. After one sip he was ready for anything!
 Vanessa, O, and Kai did some ice skating for free! Everyone, including Marlon, got to take a turn on the whale. I think Syd would have gone out there to show off his skills if he wasn't so focused on trying all the food stands.
 My favorite part of the German Market was the Baumstrietzel. It is dough wrapped around a cone and then toasted. There are many different toppings, but I has the cinnamon sugar. The steam was rising off the warm glorified donut as I ate it. Can't wait to have another one.

Now we are at Vanessa and Rudi's flat hoping to get some sleep and beat jet lag. So happy to be on vacation.

2 comments: