I knew I didn't have time to find the office and wait in line before our train left, so I ran outside to find the conductor. I was able to find her quickly, and explain our situation. She was nice about it and said that she would validate our ticket on the train for us. Whew. I felt better, but then she really made me sweat when she asked to see my train reservation. She asked if I had paid the tariff for going through Austria and I told her I had. She didn't believe me!
| The bottom clearly says I need a stamp, on the top you can see that I didn't get it stamped! |
I showed her my ticket again with the receipt for Austria and she said "Haha you are right!"
Thanks!?
Anyway, after all that was squared away, our train ride was smooth. We checked into our hotel in SG and then walked around to get snacks and water from the grocery store and ate dinner.
So nice to be in St. Gallen again. It really is my favorite city. Even in the winter people are walking around the old town. The alley's are lit up. There are vendors on the streets. People are meeting friends for dinner. I love the hustle and bustle because it is a city with a familiar small town feel.
Reitmann's rule! (St Gallen anyway... in the past centuries..)
ReplyDeleteLoving all of this including the too human travel errors...
ReplyDelete