Merry Christmas from downtown Munich! We went into the city this morning to walk around and eat some lunch.
Here is Vanessa, Olivia, and I in front of the entrance to the old city.
There were lots of Christmas vendors lining the streets. In the Marianplatz people were selling chestnuts, bratwurst, gluhwein, and Christmasy gifts. It wasn't particularly crowded today because of the holiday, so that was nice. I have seen it shoulder to shoulder in the summer. There also seemed to be a lot less tourists from overseas because I heard mostly German.
After lunch and coffee we went back to Vanessa's house. While cooking a traditional German meal, with a roast, dumplings, red cabbage, and spatzel, we played games with the kids. This stacking game was a crowd pleaser. Syd had trouble stacking his blocks and we were laughing so hard about it we were crying.
Vanessa and Rudi's friends also joined us for the evening. The kids got a box of musical instruments and we all took turns trying out the different things to play. Their friends were real musicians and played Christmas carols on the trumpet and guitar.
No comments:
Post a Comment