Dad was very excited about the trash poker he made with a rake handle and a nail.
Dad goes for his first piece of trash.
Success!
It was also good for writing in the sand!
Happy trash pickers. We filled up my bucket and Dad’s trash bag so much that we dumped them out in a trash can before walking back. We picked up lots of cigarette butts, bottle caps, and pieces of styrofoam. There were some bottles and cans, but really not as many as you would think.
Back at home, Arthur got to play outside. He loves it under the deck.
Syd and I went for a walk this evening and we found two weird things!
One was this knife. It kind of looks like a fishing knife, but we were also worried it was a tossed murder weapon or something. Don’t worry, we didn’t touch it!
The other weird thing was this foggy stuff in the tide pools. We poked it with a stick and it went through, so it wasn’t jelly fish material, but I had never seen that before. I am not sure what it is.
It’s had been a nice three day weekend. I think I picked up at least 4 buckets full of trash!
Great post! Thank you for making the world a better place :-)
ReplyDelete