Saturday, April 25, 2020

Spring Cleaning

This morning Syd called me at 7am from the beach and said there was no wind! We got to go paddle boarding!
Here is Syd and I with a seal. 

I have been trying to do some soul searching and emotional growth during this slower paced life right now, so I decided that I was ready to go through some boxes of my mother’s things that have been kept in my parents garage for years. It is hard, but once I made the decision to do it, I was happy and at peace with what I would find. One of the things I was hoping to find in her boxes was her color wheel. My mom only wore clothing in these colors. To me, these colors are her. 

I randomly found all of my Mercy yearbooks. 

I remember my mom wearing this jacket all the time. I think the colors are pretty. These are also a pair of her pants. It is funny to see how clothes in the 90s were so different fitting! Look at how high the waste is!

We found my dad’s high school diploma. 

I still have a few boxes to go from my childhood, but I went though all of my mom’s boxes. I kept some of her books, both some that she wrote and read. I kept a few articles of her clothing, ones that I remember here wearing everyday. My mom used to write everyday, and I have a bunch of her notebooks to go through and see if I can read her handwriting! 

Here is the stuff I decided to keep and a few boxes I am going to go through at home. 

Today was tiring, but I feel good about it! We ate dinner for the first time on our new table in the backyard. 

To end the day we went for a walk around Moss Beach. You would not believe how much trash was along the trail! More trash than I have seen in weeks. People need to keep staying home. 

Thanks to my dad, Syd, and Kristin for supporting me today! It wasn’t easy, but I am happy I took a walk down my past. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post ~ your mom would be so proud of the woman you have become. Great job, you are strong.

    ReplyDelete