Made some signs for Lindsay and I.
Syd was our driver. Our plan was to dance in the back of his truck with our signs during the parade.
It was amazing and heart lifting how many of our faculty met up in a parking lot near his house. We parked 6 ft away and didn’t plan to get out, but we were so happy to see our colleagues after 3 weeks, we got out, air hugged and shouted to our friends. It was so energizing! I miss these people.
Here we are getting ready to drive by Tom’s house with our signs. We must have had at least 30 cars driving in a line honking and cheering.
Here is Tom and his family. His parents were in on the surprise.
People brought their entire families and kids were hanging out windows and sunroofs. It was so fun and even more up lifting. There were many drivers holding back tears because it was such a moving sight. I am proud to be apart of a community that even during hard times can come together to support each other in creative ways.
I wish you health Tom! Hope to see you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment