Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bruiser Game

I made a brief appearance at the Bruiser's game today after IH practice. When I showed up to the field all the girls started talking to me at once "Coach Claire, I hit a triple!" "Coach Claire, did you see my catch?" So cute. I felt very welcomed.

Bruisers in the dugout.
The Bruisers played against an orange team called the Cheese Whizz. Funny name, huh? Saleen (above) played shortstop and did well at the plate.
Daniela (running to third) started a rally in the 4th inning by hitting the first of 4 consecutive triples. The girls put 11 runs up on the board and beat the Cheese Whizz 11-3.

The Bruisers have a double header this weekend and I will be the only coach at the games. Coaching rec league is so different from high school because there is no pressure to win and I don't even know our over all record (unlike at IH, our record is all I think about so I can help get the team into the playoffs for the first time in who knows how many years...). Sometimes I like the relaxed environment, because we have fun, but also, I miss the competition aspect of the game because that can be fun too. I guess I have to find the happy medium at the rec field.

Wish us luck this weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I wish you luck! There is actual sunshine up here too. Imagine...

    ReplyDelete