Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taste of Our Own Medicine

The girls have been playing great softball lately at Immaculate Heart, hitting like crazy and run ruling teams, but unfortunately we found out what it is like to be on the other side of a run rule. We lost to Mark Keppel High School 13-3. Major bummer. We had a lot of players playing out of position because of players missing because of illness, grades, and other issues, but I am not going to blame our loss today on the defense. We didn't hit and the other team did.


Although the loss hurt and was ugly at times, I did see some good things on the field. Lewis usually plays right field, but she had a great game at third base today. She turned a double play and tagged runners out who were trying to steal. It is exciting to see a freshman with versatility.
My shortstop Lauren had a solid day at the plate. She is a triple to deeeeep left over the outfielders heads and collected two RBI after her sister Jen got on base. Unfortunately the next time Lauren came up to bat the outfield was playing so far back they caught her line drives.

As bummed out as all of us were about the loss, I couldn't stay upset for too long because I am so excited for the Giants game tomorrow! I gave the girls the day off from practice and we are meeting at Dodger Stadium instead. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment