Sunday, August 21, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

What did I do today? Hmm... nothing. I ran a few errands but other than that, I sat on the couch, read, and even turned on my TV for the first time in weeks. It felt nice to have a relaxing day.

I had a dream last night that on the first day of school I couldn't take attendance, which is a huge deal because I teach first period. The Dean of students came in to observe my first day and I failed miserably after 15 minutes of trying to get the computer program to work. My students were dancing around the classroom and I was not in control... I hope this isn't a preview of my first day tomorrow!

Just in case, I reviewed all of the teacher software I need to know for tomorrow morning, practiced first and last names of my students, and looked over my syllabus. Classes are only 20 minutes tomorrow, I think I am ready.

Also, starting tomorrow the students will have to call me Ms. R-G. Ms. Rietmann-Grout is kind of long and I can't pick just one, both names are too important to me. Usually they call me Coach Claire (and I expect most of my softball girls still will, which is fine with me), but the school wants me to have a more formal name now that I am a teacher and a full time employee. I think I will let my PE classes call me Coach if they want. I honestly NEVER thought I would have debates in my head about things like this! I feel old.

Wish me luck and I am sure I will have plenty of stories for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Ms R-G, have fun. They call Ryan "Ryan Rose" in school because there are so many Ryans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all soooooo exciting! Loved the dunk tank and party post too.

    ReplyDelete