Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm Back I'm Back!!!

Hellllloooo Blog World! I have miss you. I can't believe it has been exactly a month since I last used my computer. I love Apple, but man, that was the longest wait ever. Turns out they couldn't figure out what was wrong, so they just gave me a brand new computer. WIN. Except... couldn't they have done that 4 weeks ago?!

Anyway. So much has happened in the last month. I have a ridiculous amount of stories floating around in my head from softball, camp, Swiss Summer 2010 reunion, Kristen visiting and Disneyland, and DUN DUH DUH DUHHH... I was offered a full time job at Immaculate Heart. Salary, benefits, vacation, 40 hours a week, you name it! I can't believe it. I am still trying to comprehend the idea.

Tomorrow is the first day of teacher inservice at IH. I feel like the first day of the rest of my adult life starts tomorrow. I am excited, nervous, everything! This year at IH I will be teaching 2 PE classes, assisting the Athletics Director, and working in the Admissions Office as a recruiter, plus coaching. It is going to be busy.

I honestly NEVER expected myself to have a real adult job. Office life isn't for me, and the only thing I really love to do everyday is play softball (plus go to the gym, oh and does shopping cont?). My stepmom Kristin gave me some advice about a year ago that I think has helped me the most realize that I am capable of having a J-O-B. She said that I can spend time coaching and doing what I love at the softball field, but I need to find a job somewhere that allows me to do that. Last Thursday when the principal offered me the job, I remember K's words of wisdom and I realized I had done just that. Pretty awesome, Thanks K!

I have tons and tons to say so I will slowly try to update my readers on my life over the next few days. So many pictures to sort through too. Here is a story from today...

At IH we are planning a BBQ on Saturday to kick off the school year and encourage people to join the new athletics booster committee to support the athletic program. We have invited over 500 people. Ambitious, much?

The AD, Maureen, Sabrina (basketball coach who I call Bri, I'll refer to her as B every now and then), and I went to Costco to get food and drinks for this weekend.

Maureen decided that she wanted me to push her in the cart while she finished her churro. Of course, I am not going to say no to my boss.

She was having a good time telling me where to go until people started staring and I started running down the isle. Can you tell it is going to be a fun year?

Action shot taken by B. ->

Bed is calling. I missed everyone and I am so happy to be back in contact. More exciting ponytail updates tomorrow. Promise. I will not abandon my blog like that again!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats congrats congrats! Both on the wonderful job, and on getting your laptop back (like losing an arm...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!!! :) Congrats on the first real job...you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so glad to have your Purple blog back! Sincere congrats on the FT job and you are so smart to listen to Kristin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, you're back! I've missed having my daily blog-fix! Can't wait to catch up on all your exciting news from the past month. And a real grownup J O B -- WOW!

    ReplyDelete