On Sunday mornings I often wake up in a travel panic. I am going to Europe this summer and about once a month, I wake up feeling the need to plan the trip and make travel arrangements. Today was one of those mornings. (I make this sound horrible, but really, I love traveling, and travel planning. I just feel better when everything is fully organized ahead of time.)
I looked at the calendar yesterday and it really sunk in that there are only 4 weeks left of school, 3 weeks left of classes until finals. PE doesn't give a final, so you can draw your own conclusions about my excitement level for how near the end of the year is. Ok yeah, I'm not going to Europe until the end of July, BUT I am that much closer to vacation! Woo. This lead to feeling the need to plan...
My travel plans start by spending a week in Munich. I will be staying with Vanessa and getting to meet Olivia for the first time. We are also planning a day trip to Salzburg and belting out every Sound of Music song possible. I may also catch up with my other favorite Germans, Kookie and Nina.
Mid-week in Munich, my travel buddy Christina is going to join V and I and we are going to go to Switzerland for a Devil weekend reunion. There is already word of party planning. I can't wait to see all my friends!
From Wil, Ch and I will take the train to Paris, and this was the culprit of my travel panic this morning. Our flights are booked, and our hostel room reserved in Paris, but I needed to figure out some kind of train to get to Paris. I felt pressure to get tickets soon because when we will be traveling it will be the high season and I didn't want all the trains to be full, no seats together, prices ridiculous, you get the idea.
Luckily, I am pretty familiar with the Swiss train system's English website and I found a nice TGV train to take Ch and I from Zurich to Paris in only 4 hours. Awesome. I thought it was going to be an entire day event, like 8 hours or something. Four is totally doable.
Once we get to Paris we have 5 days to explore. I have been before, but I plan to finally cross off Versailles and Sacre-Coeur from my bucket list. And the Louvre is huge so I don't mind going again.
Going to be a great trip. Sunday morning well spend.
I put together a little map of the major places I'll be visiting. Enjoy.
View Europe Trip 2012 in a larger map
Jealous!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you Claire -- I can hardly wait for blogs from
ReplyDeleteEurope!!!
wow ~ planning is much of the fun, enjoy!
ReplyDelete