The documentary followed 6 young ballet dancers who are preparing to compete in the Youth America Grand Prix. The competition is the biggest ballet competition in the world and the winners are often offered scholarships to prestigious dance schools or even offered jobs at well known companies.
All of the participants in the film were beautiful dancers with inspiring stories. It is hard for me to pick a favorite, but I really liked a girl named Michaela who lived in Philadelphia but was adopted from Sierra Leon. She was powerful and athletic and her face lit up when she was dancing. Right before the final competition she got really bad tendinitis in her Achilles heels and she wasn't sure if she was going to perform. In her final performance she came to life and you couldn't see an ounce of pain in her face. She really had a performance of a life time and I wish I could watch it over and over again. She won a scholarship, but I won't tell you where just in case you decide to see the film.This is the website and I recommend watching the trailer. Netflix the DVD as soon as it comes out. I can't wait to see this documentary again and I could go on and on raving about it. Now I am going to dance around my apartment and pretend to be that good.
No comments:
Post a Comment