As season ticket holders to the UCLA Women's Basketball Team, we were invited to tour the brand new Pauley Pavillion that opened on Friday. The basketball arena is beautiful inside and out. Sabrina, Erin, and I were so excited for the tour this morning and it did not disappoint.
This is the new statue of Coach John Wooden that is outside the gym. There are hints of his legacy and philosophy all over Pauley. UCLA has such a rich history and pride in their athletics and it is fun to watch.
This is the "Pyramid of Success" that are the guiding principals for all the athletes at UCLA. It describes the importance of character, dedication, and enthusiasm when striving for "competitive greatness." I would really like to put this pyramid up for my softball players to see and hopefully embody.
Ta Da! Sabrina and I on the floor. The new marquee is amazing with clear videos. I can only imagine the amount of money it cost.
This is the view from our 6th row seats. We got to sit in them for the first time today which was one of the best parts. Section 103 row F is right behind the home bench. I can't wait to feel like we are in the huddle with the team.
Our passes gave us a chance to see the new locker rooms for both the men's and women's teams. WOW. Flat screen TV's, computers, couches, a film room that looks like a movie theater. These athletes get treated well.
This is the women's locker room. It was identical to the men's (which I was happy to see), except all the lockers have make up mirrors attached to the sides. Kind of funny.
When we walked in, there was actually a player sitting at the computer studying for mid terms. We didn't want to bother her too much, but we couldn't help telling her how excited we are for the game tomorrow and how beautiful the facility is.
Next to the locker rooms are the athletic training room and the weight rooms just for the basketball teams.
This is the poster outside the women's locker room.
Pauley had its very own Jamba Juice and California Pizza Kitchen, so it will be easy to find something to eat before the games. With our season tickets we also get admitted into the Pavilion Club for big donors only. It is cool because if you are a men's team season ticket holder you have to donate $10,000 to get into the club, but they are trying to encourage people to support the women's program so we got the privilege just for buying tickets. Meals will be provided for us before weekday games. After finding this out I immediately counted how many weekday games we will be attending and it is at least 5. SWEET.
Looking forward to basketball season! Go Bruins.


That pyramid is so much truer a measure for success, and I guarantee none of those winning characteristics is measured by the SAT.
ReplyDelete