Sunday, November 11, 2012

UCLA and Title IX

Lisa Fernandez taking a picture of her son 3 rows in front of me!
Last night at the UCLA women's basketball game, the half time show honored the 40th anniversary of Title IX. It was the first game women's game played in the new Pauley Pavilion so it was an appropriate time to show off the rich tradition of women's athletics at UCLA. It was really cool because Lisa Fernandez, probably the best softball player in the history of the game, and Sue Enquist UCLA's former softball coach were honored in the ceremony. I think I watched them sit in the stands more than I focused on the game. It is exciting to be in the presence of your idols. They left right after the ceremony so I didn't get to say hi. Next time I'll be ready!!!








The UCLA Softball Team
The UCLA softball team was also at the game. They had signs cheering on their friends on the team. I remember doing that at Towson too. So fun. Being a college athlete is the best.












UCLA beat San Diego State last night. We sat in our seats and made our pre-game ritual that we will be doing for the rest of the season. Before going into Pauley we rubbed John Wooden's left shoe. Hope it brings the team luck!

My favorite freshman made 3 three point shots and 11 points total. Keri Korver has a huge following already. I am going to try to get a picture of her next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment