Saturday, February 16, 2013

First Kickball Game

This is what a fierce kickball competitor looks like! I decided our pink team needed an accent color so I ordered baby blue socks and headbands for the team.

Last night was our first kickball game. I didn't know what to expect for the most part and I learned a lot. Kickball is played like baseball, but you use a huge rubber ball to kick. There are only 5 innings and you bat the order around like in rec league softball. There are 11 players on the field at a time, four outfielders, and an extra infielder who stands next to the pitcher to field the bunts called a crasher. We learned the positions five minutes before the game started, so that was definitely an indication of inexperience.

I played 2nd base and had a good game. I made a double play and dove for a ball. It felt weird playing defense without a glove. I felt naked! I got on base and slid into second but the umpire made a horrible call and called me out. Boo. The game was really close, and we ended up losing 9-8, which was a bummer.

Now we have a better idea of what is going to happen so I think we will start winning. The other team wasn't super athletic and only had 4 girls who weren't clutch players. They kept complimenting how athletic our girl were. Umm... hello? We are all coaches!

Christina is in town this weekend so she hung out with the team after the game. Her bother is playing in a baseball tournament at CSUN this weekend so it is a nice excuse to hang out. I think tonight we will do something fun downtown Pasadena.


So far a good weekend. Three days. I am going to savor every minute of it and the beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment