Saturday, February 9, 2013

Woah...

I realized I haven't blogged since Tuesday. Good news, this week is over and now I have time for a few updates in pictures.
Sabrina and I
This picture is just to quality not to post, but let me explain. My friends and I joined a kickball league in Pasadena. Kickball as in the game we used to play in elementary school with rules like baseball except you kick a rubber ball and run the bases instead of hitting. We got assigned a team name "Laces are for Aces, Toes are for Bozos" and a team color, both I would not commit to. While Sabrina and I are embracing our team color above, this is how we feel about the name. As the Co-Captain of the team, I am going to do my best to change it to the New Kicks on the Block, our original name choice.
Champions! Manny and I
 Last night, the first games got rained out so instead of doing nothing, the league invited everyone to Jake's the bar that sponsors the league. We got to meet the rest of our teammates and meet the other teams. I have already planned a practice for tomorrow. After seeing the competition, we are all determined to dominate.

This morning, was field day for softball field renovations. I was up at 5:40 and at the field by 6:45 to start cutting out the crass on the 1st and 3rd baselines.
Good Bye Grass
 A few of the dad's rented a sod cutter, which was extremely helpful. I had never seen how a sod cutter works and I was impressed. It created thick blankets of grass to pick up and remove. I considered transplanting some to the outfield. We now have an all dirt infield.

Here comes the dirt
 Sixteen yards of dirt was delivered to the field. and we piled it in 3 mounds to be spread out. I think I had about 40 volunteers today help with the project, which was incredibly helpful. I am so grateful for the support and vision the softball parents provide.
First look at the new field

Our field looks huge now without the grass. I can't believe it. Looking forward to practice on Monday.
I need ice!
This is me after the grass was removed and the dirt was spread out. I was too tired to move. I can feel every minute of manual labor in my body now that I am home on the couch. 8:00 bed time on a Saturday night for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment