The Huntington has both botanical gardens and cultural gardens. Even though many of the different gardens are sectioned off, they flow together seamlessly. It is landscaping genius. I think my favorite part are the lily ponds. I love waterlilies and I especially loved the ducklings. They reminded me of one of my favorite childhood books called Make Way for Ducklings.
The Japanese garden is one of the prides of the Huntington Library. It must be beautiful when the cherry blossoms are blooming. I really wanted to climb the bridge like you can in San Francisco, but it was roped off.
Sydney in the rock garden. Doesn't it look fun to rake?
The newest part of the Huntington is the Chinese garden. The goal is to raise over $100 million to fund the project. Chinas is very protective of their gardens and they do not allow just anyone to show off the Chinese style. This building behind me was built without a single nail! The wood is laid together like Lincoln Logs and has to fit perfectly. Impressive.
Fun day out in the sun at The Huntington. I love Pasadena in the Spring because it smells like orange blossoms everywhere you go. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment