Monday, March 11, 2013

Pasadena Torta Factory

Yesterday I tried Syd's favorite restaurant in Pasadena called the Pasadena Torta Factory. It is a little hole in the wall Mexican place within walking distance from Sy'd apartment. Tortas are a Mexican sandwhichy-thing, something that I have no business eating. Too many things touching. It is basically a taco on fresh bread. Syd lives on these things so I thought it would be nice to humor him a little.

My carne asada torta came out with a huge pile of lettuce. A minor set back, but after scraping it off, I have to admit, my torta was good. It was just carne asada and refried beans. A little cheese will hit the spot next time. It reminded me of what Kristin calls "Grout food," a meat meal that goes straight to your gut. I think my dad needs to try one when her visits next month.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, tortas are a big deal here in the Mish too, tummy bombs...

    ReplyDelete