Friday, May 31, 2013

Today's Project

The Before Photo
My parents goal for me this weekend was to clear out my room for my cousin Jade who is coming to live with them this summer. My room was full of boxes from all of the different moves I have gone through between college and now. I had clothes I hadn't thought about in 10 years, tons of softball memories, and even school work dating back to preschool. I knew this task was going to be huge and I as I was going through the stuff, it made a lot of sense to my why I put this off for so long.





During the Cleaning

 While going through my room, I learned some things about myself.

1. I have a sock problem. I had an entire drawer dedicated to socks plus two bins full of old softball socks. I also found at least 10 pairs of colorful print or holiday socks that have never worn. I added them to my donate pile.

2. I really liked gum. I stopped chewing gum a few years ago, but I should have counted the amount of unopened packs of gum because it would have been an impressive number. Most of it was pink Orbit, but I found a few packs of chewing gum from when I used to be the team gum provider at Towson.

3. I can't live without chapstick. I found multiple chapsticks in every box I opened, mostly Bert's Bees, but there were some other flavors too. It makes sense too because I still have at least 3 chapsticks in all my bags, just in case, plus one in every room of my house.

I found some things in my room that made me cry like this mother's day card to my mom that I made in third grade.


And I found a number of pictures that made me smile and laugh. I now have two boxes full of photos. The digital age started too late in my life.











Everything that I threw out

 Cleaning my room was an all day affair and a joint effort. Once I cleaned out a lot of the clutter, Kristin helped me dust and make decisions about what to do with the miscellaneous items. It can be exhausting trying to figure out if I really need my high school chemistry binder or my report card from 8th grade.












As good as it is going to get!

This is the final outcome. It doesn't look too impressive, but anyone who knows me knows that a cleaning task this big is totally not my thing. For the first time in 10+ years I can see my desk and the top of my dresser. Amazing. I am also $18 richer and had to take Claritin for my stuffy nose.

Hope you enjoy the room Jade!


No comments:

Post a Comment