It was a beautiful day in HMB for Opening Day of the girls softball league. So beautiful that I wore shorts and a tshirt, AND got a little sunburnt. I don't even remember the last time this happened while I was here.
We woke up a little extra early this morning to work on game day hair. Of course, our priorities are always in the right place. RR had the best hair at the field today.
These are the fierce Livewires of 2013. It is funny to see the size difference between the 10 year olds and the 8 year olds.
RR's team doesn't have any experienced pitchers, so as a favor to my dad she started to practice pitching a little bit. Today, RR started the game on the mound, making it her pitching debut on Opeing Day. Pretty big deal! We have practiced the last few days together to work on being smooth and taking a deep breath before she pitches. The last minute pitching lessons paid off!I think everyone was a little nervous for Ryan when she started the game pitching, except RR was cool and collected. She threw three strikes to the first batter of the game and struck her out. We cheered loudly from the stands and then I felt comfortable enough to sit down. She continued to pitch a scoreless inning and did fantastic. I hope she will want to pitch again next game.
After the game all of RR's fans celebrated RR's success. It was fun to see Mary Ann and catch up with her in the stands. Syd enjoyed himself too and got to see what HMB softball is all about.
Great job today RR and the Livewires!



No comments:
Post a Comment