Friday, August 16, 2013

Home of the Wolverines

Today was the first day of new employee training at HW. I learned that most people do not call it H-W, they actually call it H-Dub. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but I have some time for it to grow on me.












There were about 15 new people and two of us were from the Athletics Department. All the administrators were welcoming and willing to help us find our way. We got a tour of the upper school campus and we will see the middle school campus (where my office will be) on Monday. During the tour I snapped this picture of the school mascot, the Wolverine.

Most of the day was computer training. I came home with a backpack full of goodies, including a laptop and iPad. We learned how to use the HW email and also became familiar with the server system. They have this really cool program that has been designed by the school IT department that helps the teachers access all records, schedules, grades, anything that we may need. It is a really elaborate system, that wasn't too difficult to figure out.

On Monday there is more new employee training at the middle school and the rest of the week will be meetings with the entire faculty and then department meetings. Every time I go to the school I find out more reasons why the school is so incredible. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about what to expect for the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment