Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Opening Dinner

Tonight was the Welcome Dinner at HW to open up the new school year. Everyone at school has been really excited about it because it is the first time the new president addresses the faculty and sets the tone for the year. For the past couple days people have been raving about the dinner so I was looking forward to going to my first one in the HW community.

The dinner was set up and catered outside in the student courtyard at the Upper School. It was a perfect warm evening and many people were gathered talking to each other. I was standing with a few people from the Athletics Department and a women who I had never met before walked up to me and tapped me.

Woman: Hi, I'm Tara.
Me: Hi, I'm Claire, nice to meet you.
Woman: I know we just met but I wanted to tell you that you have a big rip in your pants.
Me: Oh, really? Thank you for telling me.
My Head: AHHH!!!!
Woman: We are friends, right?
Me: Sure!

Hahahaha
At that point I decided to leave the dinner before it even started because the rip was seriously big and I am not sure how it happened. I loved my red pants too!

What a total FML moment though. I have been trying so hard to make a friend at my new job and I make one because this women could see my rear end. Sweet life.

Better luck tomorrow. My life, your entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. Did your new friend take the picture for you? Sweet life!

    ReplyDelete