I cleaned out my desk at IH today and it was definitely bittersweet. I have really enjoyed my four years teaching and coaching and I have learned so much about myself professionally and personally. The community at IH is unique with friendly colleagues, wonderful students, and I have made lifelong friends who I will miss seeing everyday. It is hardest to say goodbye to my softball girls, who I have grown very close to, and I really do wish them the best. I will always be their biggest fans. Thank you so much to everyone for the memories!
The next step in my career/life is taking me to Harvard-Westlake, a prep school in LA. I have been hired to be the Director of Softball in their athletics department. I will be in charge of all the softball teams in the middle and upper school. After hearing about the position and the opportunities the school has to offer, it sounded like a career opportunity that has fallen into my lap I couldn't pass up.
I am so excited about my new adventure! The vision and goal at Harvard-Westlake will be to create the best softball program in Southern California. I will have a lot of learning to do at a new school but I can't wait to start building a program at HW. School starts on the 27th and my official first day will be the 16th.
I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment