Saturday, October 19, 2013

Softball Saturday

Kathleen's First At Bat
I went down to Huntington Beach today to watch a big showcase softball tournament. A couple of my players were playing and also Kathleen from IH. Kathleen is having a really good fall season so it was fun to catch up with her and her family. 

When I was walking up to the games there were a bunch of college coaches in the stands. It's cool to see the next generation getting recruited, but the tournaments are still the same and exactly tie I remember then. What was funny though is that as I walked up to the field a lot of heads turned and people tried to read my shirt. I guess I am the right age and type to be a college coach so people were hopeful I was there to watch their daughters. Sorry, not today! I think next time I will wear a polo shirt with a logo just for fun. 
Celebrating the Grand Slam


Kathleen's team, the Waves, won both their games. In her first at bat, Kathleen hit a grand slam over the fence with a full count. She has a few schools looking at her and I really do wish her the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment