Friday, April 4, 2014

Softball Olympics

We had our last day of Spring Break practice this morning and I wanted to reward the girl's hard work this week with a fun day. I divided my players up into teams to compete against each other in the Softball Olympics. There were six events, and each team had to nominate someone to participate. Two events, the homerun derby and the relay race required all the players to contribute.
The first event was the ball side to side drill. The teams had to race and see how many balls they can field in one minute while shuffling their feet. The winning number was 50.


We had an outfield throwing challenge. Each team had to see who could crow hop and throw a ball into a bucket at home plate from center field. Jessica hit the bucket on the first try.
I pitched batting practice during the home run derby. Each player got 10 pitches to try to hit the ball over the fence.
Molly ended up winning the homerun contest. She was the only one to hit one out, even though Jessica hit the top of the fence on a fly. Robbed!


After the Olympics, I gave out prizes. First place received kiddy bats and balls and a "Get out of Running FREE pass" that they can use next week at practice if they want. Second place got bubbles. 

Fun Friday today and all of us are looking forward to playing games next week. Spring break has relaxing and I think that is exactly what my team needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment