Saturday, February 7, 2015

Coaching Clinic

Melanie and I put on a coaching clinic today for the Arcadia Girls Softball League. They are a small league, but the clinic had a good turnout of about 10-15 coaches. I started out my sharing my softball story and encouraging the dads to be as positive as possible while keeping softball fun. We demonstrated all of our best throwing, fielding, and hitting drills and I really hope that the coaches learned at least two things they can do with their teams this season. Melanie did a fantastic job going through the hitting stations and she even brought her favorite balance beam!

I enjoy putting on clinics and I realize how much they are needed in the area. I feel a personal responsibly as a varsity coach to train the younger recreation leagues on good fundamentals because this will create better high school players someday. Every little bit of giving back to the community helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment