Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Downtown Puerto Vallarta

This morning we took a cab downtown after breakfast so we could explore before it got too hot. We walked around the Melecon, the main boardwalk on the water. It was eerily quiet, when I figured it would be bustling with people. Either everyone on vacation is too hung over for breakfast (if you can call 10am breakfast time), or the locals don't frequent the tourists areas.

One of Many Pieces of Sand Art Along the Melecon
The walk really is picturesque with the view and all the statues. The seahorse on the Melecon is the best known icon from Puerto Vallarta.

We also saw the outdoor theater with the arches. It is funny because they were opening up the flea market while we were exploring and it looked exactly like Olvera Street in LA, same souvenirs and everything.
This afternoon was relaxing on the beach. I wore layers and layers of sunscreen and didn't get burnt at all. It is also helpful that if you get to the beach early enough (which is actually kind of late in my book, noon), there are chairs and umbrellas. I read under the umbrella between running on the hot sand to the waves and back. The sand gets so hot you feel like your feet are blistering.


Sailing and snorkeling tomorrow. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment