The food here has been a little hit and miss for us. We expected that since we were right on the water, there would be a lot of seafood, but that hasn't been the case. Our routine at dinner is to find a restaurant, try it, and then if I am still hungry we go to the resort buffet for dessert and usually I eat some bread.
Yesterday we went downtown to do some shopping and I chose a restaurant for us to eat lunch in. It looked like a standard Mexican restaurant, but after we sat down the waiter explained to us that it was Puerto Vallarta's premier oyster bar. Syd was stoked, I would continue to be hungry.
Syd ordered his favorite drink, a mix of Mexican beer, clamato, and lime juice, called a Michelada. This was the biggest one I have ever seen and he used it to wash down a dozen grilled oysters.
After lunch we walked around a little bit and saw the town's church. It has a beautiful crown on top of on of the steeples and it kind of made me wonder why Pasadena is called the Crown City because we don't have anything like this to show for it.
Today is our last day in Puerto Vallarta on vacation. It has been a low key trip, but I think Syd and I are both ready to go home and see Arthur.

Can't wait to see you guys! Get home safe!
ReplyDeleteOnce we were in Lisbon in a little cafe we dropped into out of chance and pointed to items we couldn't read on the portugese menu. Out came wonderful grilled prawns. Jackpot. Sometimes you can just be lucky.
ReplyDelete