Sunday, April 17, 2016

Finished It

I saw this softball book on an Instagram and I immediately downloaded it from Amazon. Finished It was written by a former Alabama softball player who won the National Championship in 2012, her senior year. It was the first national championship won by Alabama, and she documented their journey. I enjoyed the book for a few reasons, one because I could relate whole-heartedly to having a goal, and working with teammates to accomplish that goal. She also talked about how hard it was to wake up the next day a champion and also knowing that she was no longer a part of the team because of graduation. Having your college career end is tough on any athlete, regardless of sport, and one reason why I love coaching is because I still get to be involved with the sport I love.


I also enjoyed the book, because I remember watching the game on TV. I remember how dominant and determined Jackie Traina, the Alabama pitcher was in the game. It was fun to read the insights of what the players were thinking and how they prepared.

I read the majority of the book at the gym, and it game me goosebumps multiple times. I highly recommend to former college softball players or others who miss being apart of a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment