I am considering my 30th birthday my Golden Birthday because 30 is my number! I had three criteria to celebrate the start of my new decade: do something cool outside, take a nice photo, and eat something delicious. To accomplish these goals, Syd and I went to Point Bonita on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge.
It was a pretty day with a slight breeze to hike out to the lighthouse. The path is right along the cliff, and at one point you take a narrow tunnel through the rock to get to the point. There were a lot of tourists admiring the view and only 49 people are allowed across the bridge to the lighthouse at a time.
Syd really didn't like the bridge. It is directly above rocks and crashing waves and it feels like the bridge is rolling under you as you walk. About half way across, I realized I needed to pick up the pace or else Syd wasn't going to make it all the way. It if had been much windier I think the bridge would have been even harder to cross.
From the point, the view of San Francisco and the Golden Gate bridge is amazing. We could see Ocean Beach, and even Pacifica. The lighthouse museum was open, but they don't let any one climb the stairs to the top anymore.
These are the pictures I was hoping for!
When we got home, we had Mezza Luna for dinner to cross off the last thing off my Golden Birthday list. Looking forward to seeing what this year brings!
what a great b.day ~ loved the pix and I would avoid that bridge
ReplyDelete