The beach with pretty clear water. It’s was about 67 degrees today.
Surfer Syd.
Syd on a little wave. The waves got bigger as the afternoon went on. Syd got another barrel wave, but I didn’t get a photo because other tourists were in front of me!
At one point the lifeguard pulled up right in front of me!
On the south side of the cove, there is a pool called the iceberg. It fills up with the tide and waves crashing over the side!
Us from the far point!
Tomorrow we fly home in the evening. It has been a great adventure around a new country to cross off our list. What is funny is that it is so big, we didn’t even scratch the surface of what the country has to offer. I would call Australia kind of like a southern Canada with surfing and water sports, instead of hockey. I did appreciate the Australian healthy lifestyle. There were always people outside running, exercising, swimming, or doing yoga. There were countless health food restaurants and whole food markets. And they were really environmentally conscious, limiting plastic or having the biodegradable kind, not having straws, encouraging reusable water bottles. I think the Australians are serious about preserving their environment, especially the reef, and I think that is a great step, I hope our country can follow. It was cool to gain that perspective.
Bye for now! I will blog when we get home to Moss Beach on July 12th.
No comments:
Post a Comment